Those of you who know me are probably wondering why I would even know of good coffee spots since I don't even drink coffee! However, I am married to a coffee fanatic; and I myself do appreciate a good chai latte--and a pastry of course!
Nowadays, it's all about a place with a "vibe;" and that goes for coffee joints, too. See below for my favorite NYC spots to grab a cup-of-joe and a sweet treat...
-Their drinks are delicious, and they have a wide selection of daily pastries
- The "vibe" is fresh and airy! All white with dark accents...can you say "Swoon"!
- It's adjoined to Club Monaco, so you can shop while you sip!
-There is also a quaint flower styling station, as I like to call it, at the back of the shop. They always have fresh, beautiful blooms ready for purchase.
- There aren't really any places to sit. Not great for chatting or working.
-It gets really crowded and tight during prime rush hour making it hard to maneuver within the space
- The "vibe" here is very industrial yet cozy
- While their pastry selection isn't huge...it doesn't need to be because their peanut butter and jelly donut is a MUST! They also offer cookies and croissants that are the size of your head.
- Their is plenty of seating right inside the hotel lobby. This is a great place to chat and catch up with a friend or to hunker down and get some serious work done!
- They offer sit-down service or to-go!
- There is ALWAYS a line...
- While there are places to sit inside the hotel lobby, there aren't inside the coffee shop; so transporting your goodies sometimes requires extra hands.
- Their menu is good but simple
- Maman is basically the cutest shabby-chic vibe I have ever seen
- They have an extensive menu of not only pastries but also sandwiches, salads, quiches, and a full-service brunch on Sundays until 3pm!
- They have many seating options--Everything from the counter by the window, to long bench seating in the front entry, to restaurant style seating in the back - no shortage here!
- Their cups are so cute you'll actually want to try and save them, and they offer a wide variety of sizes.
- Lines, lines, & more lines... but well worth the wait!
- Sometimes the seating fills up, especially at prime hours or on a lazy weekend day
Comment and let me know what your favorites are!
Thanks for reading!
Cheers - Molly